Friday, June 22, 2012

MEMO: Big Changes

If you have been following me on Facebook you may or may not have noticed that Sweet Sparrow's FB presence is kaput right now. I deactivated my account for several personal reasons. I did not mean to abruptly sever my relationship with my beloved customers, but that is exactly what happened. But I am hoping many people will come over here to the blog to see what is going on if they are interested to know.

I am rearranging my life a bit right now and have to reign waaay back on the sewing. It was eating up too much of my personal time with my family, our money, and space. I have been trying to make it work here in our new lifestyle, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say. It just ain't working. There has been times in my life where Etsy selling flows smoothly, custom orders flow smoothly, and life is great on that side of things. But right now, I am not called to keep that portion of my life afloat, especially not at the expense of my family's well-being!

SO. I am going to try and sell a lot of my supplies and materials that are sitting around eating up real estate. I have a LOT of fabric I need to sell that, face it, I LOVE but am never going to get around to using up. My loss is someone else's gain, and I am glad to sell it to someone who will use it.

Time to sew may occur here and there, but additions to the shop may be scarce. There is so much I need to sew for home that I have a big list backed up! It is amazing how much you can make for your home to save money, if you have the time.

I hope you all understand where I'm coming from (or at least where I'm trying to go). I'm sorry to pull a fast one on everyone and I have been so blessed by everyone's support. I am not saying this is the end of Sweet Sparrow, but it may be a long hiatus until her gears are turning smoothly again.

I still want to use this blog to post crafting ideas or things that I sew for my home. I like having a place to dump my creative juices. :o)

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I totally understand where you are coming from! I'm going through a sorting-out time as well. I used to do a lot of sewing but really do more knitting and needlework now because I enjoy those more (I was so glad to buy that embroidery hoop you posted - it will come in handy). It's all about finding balance in our lives and that takes time! Hope all is well for you as you get things reorganized.

    ReplyDelete

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...