Friday, March 18, 2011

Fat Quarters!!

Oh, joy!! New fat quarters from JoAnns! "What is a fat quarter?", some of you may ask.

A fat quarter is a one-fourth yard cut of fabric that (usually) measures 18" x 22" instead of the typical 9" x 44" quarter-yard cut. The longest side's dimension will vary if your fabric is not 44" wide.

They are great for making small things, and are on sale for $1.39, so stock up!! Here are some cute ones I found. My favorite is the second one from the bottom. It has a bird on it. :)

I think these prints will make nice snap wallets and business card cases. The black and white one is for something special I am cooking up that I HOPE works out.

Then I found this adorable blue and brown argyle print fabric at WalMart that I had to get for my son, but am not sure why!! I don't have any baby projects that I can think of for a little boy! It would be cute to make a stuffed elephant or something out of this fabric. Hmm..a preppy elephant...

I got a few other fabrics for my stash cut from the bolt that I will hopefully be debuting in my shop SOON. But not too soon as our move is coming up in about 2 weeks. There so much I want to sew, not enough time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...