Friday, February 8, 2013

Bag Brainstorm

I need a place to visually brainstorm my idea for a medium size crossbody bag, so here is the place to do it!

I want to carry my pricebook for grocery shopping around with me, but it won't fit in my current clutch. I got rid of a lot of my handmade or "bought" bags from my hoard before we moved, so I don't have any purses the right size to switch into. That means it is time to get crafty! I have a lot of other things I am working on, but they can always wait a little while till I get this done. A girl needs a purse, right?

I would like something about 8" tall by 12" wide and on a cotton cord. I hate making bag straps, so I love just inserting pre-made cording for a strap. It will be zippered at the top and have an outer velcro pocket for keys. The inside needs a double pocket for the pricebook and my cell phone. I am being ambitious and also planning for a hidden zippered pocket on the inside. Yikes! I have made one a couple of times before, but it is hard to get them just right. It is for me, anyway, so it is no biggie if it isn't perfect.

I had a lot of inspiration last night from Pinterest. Here are some elements I would like to take from what I saw.

The large scale contrast stitching around the inner patchwork square, such as they did here:



And the half and half front design of this zipper bag, using a graphic on one side and patchwork on the other:









Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest


This is beginning to sound complicated! But the truth is, embroidery work is helping me slow down with my pace and training me to take time on detail, which I like. The more time I take to think about what I want as an end result, the more I like of the way it comes out. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...