Monday, July 7, 2014

Vintage Sheet Cafe Curtains


I was going to do a whole tutorial on how I did this but I am too tired now so I will cut straight to the point!!


Found these vintage sheets at Goodwill....


Cut them into rectangles using a sheet of computer paper as a template...




Sew them together and then make tabs for the top....

Aaaand...you have a lovely, cottage-y feeling cafe curtain for your window!!

I just adoooore this look because it is so girly and bright. The sheets are made of muslin so they have this gauzy look to them and they flutter a little in the breeze. The fabric is so thin that you can cut your squares in a jiffy by folding the fabric over on itself and cutting all the pieces at once. I did 4x.

I have a lot of material left over so I am going to make a matching valance and then maybe some more curtains for my other windows in the kitchen/dining area. SO fun!! And the huge sheets are only about $2 depending on where you get them. I found 4 different prints at Goodwill on separate occasions. There is so much you can make from vintage sheets--just look on Pinterest!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...