Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baby Bibs & A Piping Fail

I am finally sewing some things for the baby and not myself! :P I found this free pattern for "Little" Baby Bibs online a while ago and decided to make some since they will fit a newborn best. I went to JoAnn's and got a 1/2 yard of fun flannel for about $1.41 each.

I have made two so far and really like the size and shape of them. They are a quick sewing project: probably about 20-30 mins per bib.


"My City" flannel




back-flannel




I really wanted to add this lime green piping since I had it in my sewing box and it was the perfect match to the fabric, but I am not great at using piping when it comes to what to do with the ends! It ended up looking like this and I just added some fray check to the raw part to keep it from getting all fuzzy.

I plan to make more bibs (maybe 6-7?) because I really don't want to go buy any. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...