Saturday, March 16, 2013

Good 1/2 Hour DIY Project: Eye Makeup Remover Pads

I am going to make as many of these as I can in the next 30 mins before I have to go get hubby. The toddler is napping and I have a bunch of flannel that needs to be used up, so what the heck.

I have been using eye makeup remover for the past few months (never have before that, actually) and was using cotton balls to take the makeup off. They seem wasteful and expensive when you go through about 4-5 a day. I ran out and now I am ready to make something that I can throw in the wash and keep reusing.

I would like to try the homemade remover recipe as well, but don't have any unrefined coconut oil on hand (the stuff I have is better for cooking). I also don't have distilled water. Maybe once I run out of the store bought remover I will have to make up a batch.

I think I will need to make about 20 of these pads...I wear a lot of mascara sometimes!

I think that keeping a mesh laundry bag in the bathroom near the sink would be a good way of making sure they don't get lost in the jumble of dirty clothes. Otherwise, I can see these easily becoming lost like dirty toddler socks do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of S.O.T.A.K. Two in One Pouch

I decided to try out a new bag pattern designer named, SotakCo , and I love her stuff. She is from the Netherlands and has a great eye for d...